John MasonDirector, Road Traffic and Road User Charging CDER group
John has worked in parking and traffic enforcement since 1994 and has overseen the design, delivery, and operation of all aspects of civil parking, traffic, and road user charging enforcement from CPZ and scheme design, PCN issue and progression to vehicle clamping, removal and debt recovery.
At Transport for London John was responsible for the implementation and operation of the enforcement of the original Central London Congestion Charge and Low Emission Zones using both static and mobile ANPR systems as well as managing TfL’s bus lane, parking, and moving traffic enforcement across London’s Red Route network.
Joining CDER Group’s Board in 2014 John oversees the delivery of CDER’s parking, traffic and road user charging debt recovery services to Local and Central Government clients in strict compliance with the regulations and each client’s specific requirements.
My Speaker Sessions
Thursday 16 June 2022
It’s not just part of the job: Discussing front line officer welfare
The issue of verbal and physical aggression encountered by front line staff in the parking sector is sadly not a new one. A new BPA member led project will push this issue to the forefront to make sure that being sworn at or worse is not regarded as ‘just part of the job’.
Instead, we aim to create a culture in which abuse encountered at work is openly talked about, support is given and incidents are properly reported and pursued. We will discuss in this session:
- the results of a recent BPA member survey to gather incident and prosecution data
- how the sector could improve on gathering consistent national incident data
- campaigning for better support and response from the police and prosecution services
- working with other allied industries to improve the welfare of front line staff
- gaining greater protection and respect for our people and the job that they do.