Anjna Patel MBEPrincipal Manager Parking Services BPA Board and Sandwell Council
Anjna Patel MBE will be the new Chair of the BPA Board commencing July for an initial three-year term.
Anjna is also Chair of the Professional Development and Standards service board, Chair of the BPA Midlands region, as well as being a former Association President too.
My Speaker Sessions
Thursday 16 June 2022
It’s not just part of the job: Discussing front line officer welfare
The issue of verbal and physical aggression encountered by front line staff in the parking sector is sadly not a new one. A new BPA member led project will push this issue to the forefront to make sure that being sworn at or worse is not regarded as ‘just part of the job’.
Instead, we aim to create a culture in which abuse encountered at work is openly talked about, support is given and incidents are properly reported and pursued. We will discuss in this session:
- the results of a recent BPA member survey to gather incident and prosecution data
- how the sector could improve on gathering consistent national incident data
- campaigning for better support and response from the police and prosecution services
- working with other allied industries to improve the welfare of front line staff
- gaining greater protection and respect for our people and the job that they do.